Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blocking down key poses

I tried this new way today. Well its not really new, but I never really used it.

Before I did straight ahead animation. Which was more comfy for me to do. But I decided to do the other way with key poses with this new animation.

And I gotta say, man it is awesome!!! Because my biggest struggle is the story part. So just quickly blocking out the poses and what happens give me a good visual on how it is going to work. And since I am a visual person it helps a ton.

So I can tweak the story real easily if needed without moving a lot of curves.

Also it is super helpful because it'll make sure what your story points are, and make those poses really strong.

Before I was worried about the mechanics and such, but since now I'm worried more about the story, and the personality of the character, i think this will help out a lot!

No comments: