Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thought Processes

Whenever I right something in here, its about the animation I am working on, and when I type it, it makes me think more outside the box. So here it goes.

How do you make a thought process more interesting? Right now in my animation, I'm having a guy thinking right? But for me, its boring to watch. And if its lame and boring for me, then it'll most likely be lame and boring for the audience watching it.

So how do you spice it up? Is it the situation they are in? Is it how they think? The poses they are in while they are thinking?

A lot of thought process seems to be in the eyes, and micro expressions in the face. But what if the rig isn't that advanced on facial controls. How do u make it interesting?

Is it how they are timed? How long they think?

Because with the rig I am using it have limited facial controls. The jaw moves up and down, side to side, the eyes are just circles, the eyelids can't change shape, and some eyebrow control.

I have to find another way to make him think. Because right now the way he is thinking is just staring at the door that closed down on him. How can I spice that up?

Eye darts? Moving his jar?

What about his body language? Have him hand up to his chin, head cocked up? hm.. But I don't want to be to cliche.. But maybe for now I have to be before I can develop my mind to get more creative, and more into the character.

But the thought process also have to match the type of character they are right? I mean, not all characters have the same type of thoughts. But is it in the poses they are? Or how long they react to something?

Hmm..

No comments: