Friday, December 26, 2008

More on thought process...

After thinking about it.. The character is always thinking! I shouldn't just make one certain point where I'm worried about what the character is thinking.

Because people are constantly thinking right? I realized this after thinking about it. Haha. Because I was wondering... What makes a silent part sooo dramatic? What is going through the characters mind that is always special?

I mean things are always going thru our mind. Even for fast action we think about it before doing it. Even if we react to it real quick.

With short thought processes it shows we know what we are doing. Like in typing. There is always some thought before typing it, and since I am quick at it, it shows I am experienced at it.

But with my mom for example. She has a longer thought process looking for the keys. And to make something like that interesting. You can have the inexperience typer have a lot of eye darts. This is shows they are looking for the right key. And have them aim at keys before they type it.

THATS how you can make a thoughtprocess more interesting instead of just staring at something blankly. And more having them in a more better pose. Like hunched over so they can see all the keys.

Man this is awesome! haha

2 comments:

Nate Lane said...

Yeah that's interesting. I never thought of it like that: the character is always thinking no matter what, which must be true, because the brain won't just stop. every movement in our body's are controlled by our brain. I think some of them can be subconscious, but nonetheless, our brain processes it first, and sends out that signal. Very interesting stuff!

Keep posting man! it gets me thinking too :).

Anyhow yeah so I guess I haven't posted over at the 11sc lately because of the mass animation thing. I think it's hard to get a shot judged by people who don't know the context of the story. So if I have an excuse at all, I guess that would be it. I am workin on another quick shot right now of 2 guys pushing some kinda mattress/box up a ladder, it's still in blocking so I think I will post that soon.

Keep it real

Nate

Nate Lane said...

Thanks man :). I think there's probably tops 200 people actually submitting shots. A lot of them have never done animation before (from the looks of it). But there are definitely some very nice shots being submitted by talented people.

We work individually, but they said that the people's shots who get accepted into the final, those people will work closely with the director to make the shots connect up better, and make it more of a continuity (haha is that a word?). Anyhow so it should be pretty cool.